Originally built in Rollinsford,
New Hampshire c. 1701 it was removed from town in 1936 and
rebuilt in Dover, Massachusetts and has been missing
from the town’s landscape for almost 70 years.
House owner, Ken Rendell,
generously donated the house to the town in 2002. During
the months of September and October of 2002, historic
building specialist, Stephen Bedard, worked with his
crew in Dover, MA, to dismantle the Wentworth house and
return it to its native soil in Rollinsford. Steve was
hired to take the dwelling apart, piece by piece, and
transport it back to NH, where it it has been
reassembled within sight of its original lot.